Passionate Representation To Fight Age DiscriminationMaintaining secure and stable employment is often difficult for California’s aging workers. Many businesses push out aging employees to hire younger workers at a reduced salary. This overt age discrimination is unacceptable in today’s workplace. If you or a loved one has experienced age discrimination at work, please reach out to our team at Barrera & Associates right away. Our lawyers work closely with victims of age discrimination throughout the greater Los Angeles area to fight for justice.
Tenacious Legal Counsel To Protect Aging Workers’ Rights
Cases focused on age discrimination, much like racial bias in the workplace, are often complicated. You will need a dedicated and passionate attorney in your corner to provide hard evidence that you experienced some of the following circumstances on the job:
- Passed over for promotion opportunities: Have you been passed over for promotion consideration based solely on your age?
- Downplaying your achievements: Does any employer minimize your contributions to the organization in an attempt to sideline you or prevent advancement within the organization?
- Forcing your early retirement or resignation: Some businesses force early departures from the company to hire younger workers at a lower salary.
- Inappropriate references to your age: This unfortunate situation occurs when co-workers or supervisors make derogatory comments or jokes about your age to humiliate you.
- Discounting your long-term potential: Companies often attempt to downplay your contributions and experience to prevent advancement.
Call Our Los Angeles Age Discrimination Lawyers Today To Secure Justice
If you feel betrayed by a business you gave your life to, or if you face the painful sting of workplace jokes and taunting focused on your age, please stop agonizing over how to proceed. Contact our professional lawyers and learn about the full range of options at your disposal.
Our founding attorney Pat Barrera is AV Preeminent rated* by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system, the highest rating for legal ability and ethics. He is also fluent in Spanish. He and our passionate team can help you attain justice. Reach out to our El Segundo office today by calling 424-352-0716 or contact our team online to schedule a consultation. Se habla español.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.